Final Shield
Fields of dew
under the clouds
overcast sky
and dampened shrouds
unnerved and lost
in solid belief
in something
that truly
retains the innocence
in me
tired of being mistaken for
something you see to be
i am guilty of nothing but
deep sensitivity
that cannot unleash
that cannot be reached
when I will let it not
outside of this reality
but I've been framed
because I'm angry
as ones once trusted
condemned me
in whispers behind my back
that cannot be reached
when I will let it not
outside of this reality
but I've been framed
because I'm angry
as ones once trusted
condemned me
in whispers behind my back
It's like lying down on glass
as if it were a tea party
as if it were a tea party
all smashed
the dried flower
was meant to be
so pour hot water
over me
over my broken soul
over my weakened body
well, I stood for what's real
on some level
in some way
though not yours
or even mine
the truth is
and it's real
it's complex
but it's real
it's overlapping but
it's real
unique..
the dried flower
was meant to be
so pour hot water
over me
over my broken soul
over my weakened body
well, I stood for what's real
on some level
in some way
though not yours
or even mine
the truth is
and it's real
it's complex
but it's real
it's overlapping but
it's real
unique..
never thought of before
but REAL
I cannot be hurt again
I will not be hurt again
I will not try my best
when weakened
only to be condemned
but REAL
I cannot be hurt again
I will not be hurt again
I will not try my best
when weakened
only to be condemned
People tie things together
which are actually separate
and I let myself
accept it
and now I hang my head
in shame
but I won't take all the blame
and I let myself
accept it
and now I hang my head
in shame
but I won't take all the blame
when the gaslit lights
were the rain...
There reaches this point
where fairness is breached
why do I seem to attract it?
am I a bane of society?
So, am I finished with all of this?
do I need to be reborn?
in a place where the universe can be sworn
to not let them hurt me again
to not let ME hurt me again
Music notes are like totes
to be held, and sung
through this rain
'til the harmony of the truth
where fairness is breached
why do I seem to attract it?
am I a bane of society?
So, am I finished with all of this?
do I need to be reborn?
in a place where the universe can be sworn
to not let them hurt me again
to not let ME hurt me again
Music notes are like totes
to be held, and sung
through this rain
'til the harmony of the truth
protects from the pain
This final shield surrounds me
not too fancy: bold and plain
but I really can't afford
but I really can't afford
to be wounded once again
- S. Rose Ashcraft
- S. Rose Ashcraft
Comments
Post a Comment